Tuesday, April 9, 2013

White Trash Vegan Delight

This should have been my Tofu Tuesday post...but...the recipe I was working on was a complete disaster. I didn't press the tofu, used the wrong onions...oh it was just a mess. I will try again. BUT...I had to figure out something quick for dinner so I went to one of my new standbys. I already had the rice cooking and beans in  the pantry...so today, I teach you how to make White Trash Vegan Delight.


(I know the picture is horrible, it was dark outside so I had to use the hood light as lighting (and I was really hungry an just wanted to eat))









My husband has fond memories a friend used to make that consisted of hot dogs cut up into cheap mac and cheese. They called it White Trash Delight. This just kind of reminds me of that because it uses canned beans.

You basically cook or used left over rice mixed with some soy sauce. I used brown jasmine this time. THEN you use a can of vegetarian baked beans..my favorite are Heinz. If you really want to dress it up, top it with some caramelized sweet onions. It's fantastic. It's simple. Doesn't sound great, but I promise you, it is. It's a total comfort food, and crazy cheap to make!

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Let me know what you think in the comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment