Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Spicy Black-Eyed Pea Spread

Hope the Mommy's out there had a good Mother's Day! We had Olive Garden to go...it was delicious. I love some carbs! I picked out my own present, a while bunch of my favorite lotion Au Lait. Cooper picked me out a super-cute owl and a nice card. I spent most of the day watching DVDs and painting my nails on our bed. Ah...a day without too much childcare, is it sad that's all I really want for Mother's Day? :)

NOW...this recipe...

Yummmmm....

A smooth, spicy and healthy spread for pita or a dip for chips. We had it on pita that night for dinner and I sampled some later on tortilla chips. I recommend both ways. 





Spicy Black-Eyed Pea Spread

2 cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of salt
Half a block of cream cheese (4 ozs), softened and cubed
1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Salt to taste

Pita bread for serving

Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, about 2 minutes. Chill 1 hour before serving. 


Dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment