Monday, July 14, 2014

Cheesy Corn for the Slow Cooker

I cannot remember where I got this recipe, I've had it in my collection for several years now. I would pull out the recipe. glance it over, think nah....and put it back. WELL, I FINALLY tried it and was pretty happy with how it turned out. It seems a little strange to me to used sliced cheese in a recipe, but it worked! This recipe makes a TON of corn, I actually cut back on the ingredients. It would make an excellent pot luck dish!



Cheesy Corn for the Slow Cooker

2 16-oz bags frozen corn
6 ounces cream cheese, cubed (about 3/4 of a block)
1/4 cup butter, cubed
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons sugar
6 slices American cheese, cut into squares

Combine all in slow cooker. Cook on low 4 hours until heated and cheese is melted. If liquidy at the end of cooking, take lid off and cook on high 20 minutes. 


Dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment