Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lemony Coleslaw

Spring has sprung....

It's beautiful today. It started out with a misty rain but was done by lunch, now it's cool and breezy. Supposed to get down into the 40's tonight though...burr. At least the boys will get to wear the footie fuzzy pajamas one more time. 


I love coleslaw. Creamy to vinegary ones. The one below was the first time I'd ever made a lemony one, and it was actually by accident. I was originally going to use lime's....but stores have been out of limes for 2 weeks now! Is there a lime shortage I am not aware of? So I tried the lemon and it was yummy. 




Lemony Coleslaw
1 bag (16 ozs) coleslaw mix
2 or 3 green onions, sliced
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup canola oil
Juice from 1 lemon, about 2 tablespoons
1 teaspoon soy sauce


Whisk together canola oil, lemon juice and soy sauce. Combine with the rest of the ingredients and serve right away!

Dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment