Friday, April 19, 2013

So I Made Some Baked Potatoes in the Slow Cooker

Lookie what I did! I made baked potatoes in the slow cooker! I tried it without foil and they turned out great! I know this idea is all over the 'nets....but I had to share my results with you.

I recently was listening to Car Talk on NPR...and Martha Stewart was a guest. Yes, Martha Stewart on Car Talk. Anyway...one of the callers asked about cooking a chicken on the engine while driving and mentioned wrapping it in foil. She said it's not good to wrap food in foil...chemicals and what not. I never thought about that and now I am hyper sensitive to foil yada yada. Long story short, I tried NOT wrapping the potatoes in foil. And it worked! I don't wrap them in foil when I oven bake them and they come out great.


So anyway....


(No, my crock pot/slow cooker isn't dirty....it's stained from cooking black beans in it....)




You basically take your potatoes...I used 4...and scrub them clean, plop them in the pot(no water) and cook them on low. Mine took around 4 hours. Yours could take longer if they are larger potatoes. I plan on trying this with sweet potatoes next!


Dig in! We had ours with A1, sour cream and butter....

No comments:

Post a Comment