Monday, April 1, 2013

Zucchini Crumble

I have a cold. My throat hurts. I want soup. Ok, enough complaining.

On a funny note..my 3 year old now calls me  by my first name...no more mommy, it's all Amanda now. We'll see how long this lasts.

Today...I bring you....


Zucchini Crumble...





This is a very basic recipe that could be dressed up easily with some Italian seasoning or sauted onion. 

Basically, you chop up 2 pieces of sandwich bread or 3 pieces of French Baguette like I did...and toast it in some oil and garlic. 



Then you saute some sliced/chopped zucchini until it's tender. 



After the zucchini's done, you toss it all together with some salt and pepper. Like I said, very basic, but yummy. 




Zucchini Crumble

Olive Oil
2 slices sandwich bread or 3 to 4 slices French Baguette sized bread, coarsly chopped
1 pound zucchini, cut long ways into 1/4 and then sliced
1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper


Heat a little olive oil over medium and add half of the garlic. Add bread and toast until browning. Transfer out of pan to a plate. 

Heat a little more olive oil, and saute rest of garlic with zucchini until tender. Add bread and season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. 


Dig in!





No comments:

Post a Comment