Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Slow Cooker Cheesecake

Bad things were discovered last night....bad, bad things.

These things being:
How EASY and stress free it is to make cheesecake in the crock pot/slow cooker
How DELICIOUS the cheesecake is

I was busy pinning some new recipes last week and I stumbled across THIS post at A Year Of Slow Cooking. I had to try it.

I bought all of the ingredients, found ramekins to fit the 2 crock pots...and BAM...last night, we ate warm cheesecake because I couldn't wait for it to cool. We are in trouble...pounds will be gained.





Here are a few pictures to show you how I had to use several small ramekins for our cheesecakes. And I had to do it in batches...I still had 2 ramekins that wouldn't fit it so they are currently coming to room temp before I put them in for their bake. Stephanie used one big casserole dish, but I am assuming she also used a 7 quart slow cooker, I don't have one that large.

If you use the small ones, it took mine about 1 1/2 hours to almost set and I just turned off the cooker at that point and let them sit in the warm water to finish up.






So go over to A Year of Slow Cooking for the RECIPE!

And I do suggest making it in individual ramekins...in hopes it will help you NOT to eat the whole casserole dish...I wanted to eat another pot for breakfast.



No comments:

Post a Comment